The following article describes some of the reasons why OnAir has to perform maintenance.
Regular Server Maintenance
OnAir regularly carries out maintenance operations on our game servers in order to guarantee their proper functioning.
These actions and updates can make the servers unavailable for several hours.
A fixed maintenance window has been implemented: 0630 UTC every Thursday, the normal window is 2-3 hours.
OnAir aims to perform all updates and maintenance to take place during the above mentioned window, due to unforeseen situations we might have to execute maintenance during other times, even during the weekend.
REGULAR MAINTENANCE ALLOWS US TO CARRY OUT THE FOLLOWING OPERATIONS:
- Maintenance of game servers: shutting down and then restarting game servers allows us to avoid certain in-game latency problems, which accumulate if the servers are not restarted regularly.
- Complete backups of game server data: we have a system for backing up all game data when the servers are running, and without interrupting the game, but we also make backups when the servers are off.
- Update of server operations: the server program and game data are often updated and therefore replaced by a more recent version.
- Adding fixes that are available in the changelog.
- During maintenance, our test team checks that additions and fixes work.
Emergency Server Maintenance
In certain cases (update, correction of a technical problem, etc.), we may be required to perform emergency maintenance on the game servers.
These maintenance windows are announced on Discord and ingame.
Sometimes we cannot announce it in advance because we might have to fix a critical bug that requires immediate intervention.
We apologize in advance for any canceled flights and game time lost during these interventions, but these maintenance are essential for the proper functioning of the game.
If you have lost progress, or have issues after a maintenance window (regular or emergency) please submit an official request.